Salina Turda is a salt mine in Turda, Transylvania, Romania.
Salt was extracted here during the antiquity and the mine continuously produced table salt from Middle Ages , the mine being first mentioned in 1075 to the early 20-th century ( 1932) . Since 1992 , Salina Turda is a famous halotherapy center and a popular tourist attraction .
3) THERAPEUTIC USE:
– rheumatism ( degenerative / abarticular)
– peripheral nervous system affections
– gynecologic diseases
– posttraumatic affections
– cardiovascular diseases
Inside the salt mine the temperature remains constant at 10-12 grades C ( 50-54 grades F) all the time , at any time of the year. Humidity in the air remains constant too , at about 75-80 %.
5) WHAT ELSE TO VISIT IN THE AREA :
– Turda Princely Palace ( former Royal residence , today historical museum ) – is the most valuable building with medieval culture and architecture.
– History Museum – houses many pieces of heritage, discovered through systematic research in Potaissa, camp Roman Legion V Macedonia. Fort ruins remain standing until the Middle Ages.
– Zoo Resort – located near Turda Turda was founded in 1953. It has an area of 14 hectares, with the deer reserve. Includes an aquarium, a museum of stuffed birds and animals. In the area there is also a botanical reserve.
– Turda Gorge – nature reserve since 1938, has a rich flora and fauna and is at a distance of 6 km from Turda. Potaissa Roman camp above the town of Turda, built in 1968.
LEAVE A COMMENT HERE!
Want to use this article in your ezine or web site? You can , as long as you include this complete blurb with it : ” Intermedline puts at your fingertips the best medical tourism packages abroad , at http://www.intermedline.com/ ”
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? IF SO, JOIN THE COMMUNITY. ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL BELOW.