9 Advantages of Zirconium in Dentistry – the porcelain crowns on zirconium brackets.
The advantages of a porcelain crown on zirconium brackets :
1) The superior aesthetics comes from the fact that the zirconium has a translucency similar to the one of natural teeth , and because the metallic bracket is missing , the light is reflected by the zirconium crown in the same way as it is reflected by a natural tooth ; it is perfect for the crowns which need to be made for the frontal teeth.
2) The strength of the zirconium is much higher than the strength of the metal ; the zirconium is used in general medicine for hip replacements.
3) The special resistance to pressure of the zirconium makes it able to bear the chewing stress and the daily use without breaking.
4) Another important quality of the zirconium is that it does not cause any reaction of the gums , like the gingival line ( border) around the borders of the metallic ceramic crowns.
5) The metallic taste which is so bothering is missing.
6)The zirconium crowns are lighter than the ones on metallic brackets , so the accommodation with the new prosthetic works is much faster.
7) It does not cause allergies.
8) It does not cause pulp ( nerve) irritations.
9) The accuracy of the zirconium crown is guaranteed by the performance of the internal structure on the computer , by cutting a block of zirconium oxide.
LEAVE A COMMENT HERE!
Want to use this article in your ezine or web site? You can , as long as you include this complete blurb with it : ” Intermedline puts at your fingertips the best medical tourism packages abroad , at http://www.intermedline.com/ “
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? IF SO, JOIN THE COMMUNITY. ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL BELOW.