Indications for dentures wearers.
In the initial adaptation phase:
– do not remove the denture from your mouth in the first 24 hours because your dentist will program you for the next day , after the day the denture was fitted.
– the full mouth sensation and increase in salivation will pass if you eat a candy ; in this period painful points may appear in the mouth.
– if you have the feeling that food is tasteless consume warm food or drink , taste and aroma will be easier to sense.
How you are supposed to eat with your denture:
– cut food in small pieces using a knife
– try to chew on both sides at the same time
– if you bite with your front teeth the denture will move and your gums will be affected
-avoid sticky food , it takes long to consume with dentures ; it will never be the same as when you had natural dentition : muscles must be support the denture ; the tongue will find its place eventually.
Talking with new dentures:
-it may take a while for you to get used to it ; read loudly in order to shorthen this period ; repeat the words you pronounce with difficulty.
Cleaning the mouth and dentures:
– clean and massage your gums on a daily basis with a soft tooth brush.
– clean the dentures with a brish and normal soap
-never use tooth paste to clean dentures , because it is to abrasive ; it is good that during cleaning , the dentures be kept over a water filled recipient ( should the denture slip , the water will break the fall)
– leave the dentures , over night in one of the following solutions: denture cleaning solution ( Corega tabs) or one teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water one per week.
What you can and what you cannot do:
– do not wear dentures at night if the medic does not recommend this clearly
– use adhesive substances only with the recommendation of the dentist
– if upu cough or sneeze , the dentures may ger lost , which might create an unpleasant situation ; this can be avoided by covering the mouth with a handkerchief or the hand
– never try to adapt or repair your own dentures ; go to the dentist for regular routine , check-ups , at least twice a year
– dentures do not last forever ; at the level of the bones and gums , changes take place continuously.
If you have one of the following problems:
– difficulty chewing food
-repeated biting of the inside of the cheek
-red and irritated gums
-discomfort in wearing the dentures
-chaps at the corners of your mouth
please contact fast the dentist.
LEAVE A COMMENT HERE!
Want to use this article in your ezine or web site? You can , as long as you include this complete blurb with it : ” Intermedline puts at your fingertips the best medical tourism packages abroad , at http://www.intermedline.com/ “
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? IF SO, JOIN THE COMMUNITY. ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL BELOW.